- Gazebo renovations in Dorothy Fielder Park.
- Funding available to businesses located in CBD for Façade & Infrastructure Improvement.
- New canopy for Forrest Moore Park.
- Railcar renovations.
Van Alstyne Historical Museum:
- Funded interior and exterior museum building improvements in 2014-2015.
- Funded Fall der All advertising in 2013-2016.
- Rail car improvements have begun.
- Signage placed for “Visit Historic Downtown Van Alstyne” on US 75.
- Community representation at State Fair of Texas in 2014, 2015 & 2016
- Playground equipment and covered picnic area.
Dorothy Fielder Park:
- Funding of reconstruction of memory bricks’ walkway.
- Funding of renovations to gazebo (to occur 2016/2017).
Forrest Moore Park:
- VACDC paid off the loan in a consortium with the City, Van Alstyne ISD, and the land owners’ donation. The entire project was $1,400,000.00.
- Placed lighting in the walking trail and made the bridge wheelchair accessible.
- Rubber mulch for Forrest Moore Park playground.
- Resurfacing parking lot in 2015.
- Funded new park equipment & canopy
Wilson McKinney Park:
- Funded the replacement of the roof on the concession stand, painted the concession stand.
- Re-roofed the gazebo
- Made improvements to the picnic and young children’s play equipment.
Electricity for Festivals and Railcar Renovation
The Chamber of Commerce requested Community Development funds in order to provide electricity for the Fall der All event. The electric pole on Chamber-owned land was upgraded, and now electricity is easily accessible. Not only will it will be used for future events, it will also assist in having electricity available for the renovation of the railcars.